Thursday 16 June 2011

Bad Blogger! Bad, bad blogger!

The company has gone, it is a rainy day and rather than face the pile of unwashed laundry, I decided it is time to get back on the blog. Yes, I know -- I've been a bad, bad blogger. I hope to redeem myself.

So what have I been up to? We've now settled into the new house, have unpacked all boxes, had three sets of guests and a big birthday party for my daughter, and made a quick trip to London. Now at last my days are settling down and I'm getting back into a routine again.

Craft-wise, I've done a lot of little projects (picts to come) and I'm slowly working through a big Cath Kidston cross-stitch project. I've just decided that cross-stitch isn't my favourite, but I'm determined to finish the thing off anyway. I did do one fantastic thing -- I went to the Contemporary Craft Fair at Bovey Tracey. Despite the wet weather, it was a great show. I got to meet people like Poppy Treffrey and Priscilla Jones! I admit that I was rather timid and didn't say too much for fear of appearing like a babbling fanatical stalker. I've admired their work for some time and it was fantastic to see them in person. I'll show you what I bought in my next post. I do regret that I didn't budget more spending money and that I didn't sign up for any of the workshops. I'll be more prepared next year!

I'm off now! Time to slog my way through all the blogs I've missed.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I have just stumbled across your blog and see you mention Bovey Tracy. I live not too far away.Hope you are settling into Devon, although it is miserable today; very autumnal!

    ReplyDelete