Monday 21 June 2010

My summer schedule


Bus skirt detail, originally uploaded by Tea Potty.
As you can tell from my lack of blogging, I am now in full summer mode. For the last few months we seem to be either getting ready for visitors or getting ready to visit someone. Things have been hectic and it looks like nothing will change until mid-August. This is not to say I haven't been working on projects. I've managed to finish a few things in my free evenings. So, to keep things short and sweet I will summerize:
Geeked about:
  • Flying home for a three-week holiday: I don't get homesick very often -- except around the holidays and just before a flight!
  • My latest book order: The Complete Book of Sewing, Sewing in No Time, Sew!, and Preserves.
  • Decorative trim: I am in love with pom-pom trim, crochet lace borders and velvet ribbons!
Projects on the go:
  • An Alice in Wonderland pillow for my sister.
  • My 39 squares piece is essentially finished. I just need to decide what I'm going to do with it now.
Projects I've somehow managed to actually finish:
  •  A crinkle scarf from a terrific Ruffles and Stuff tutorial.
  • A baby shirt for my cousin's daughter. The wonderful Wild Olive pattern can be found here at DMC.
  • A recycled jeans skirt embroidered with a VW camper van. I took an old pair of jeans, turned them into a skirt and embroidered them with a camper van. You can find the image by Googling "VW camper van coloring pages".
Spilled all over the kitchen:
  • My annual strawberry jam
  • Homemade salad dressings -- homemade green goddess salad dressing beats a bottle of ranch any day.
  • Salads with beans and/or couscous
  • Elderflower and lemon cordials
  • Cooked fruit desserts -- crisps, cobblers and tarts galore!
Whew! I think that just about covers it for the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment